CIO Executive Development Program
Program Dates announced for 2014 at San Francisco State University
The CIO Executive Development Program is scheduled for May 19 and 20, 2014. The CIO Executive Development Program helps IT professionals develop the necessary skills to be successful in their jobs and advance their career opportunities.
The program is offered in partnership with HMG Strategy and the College of Business at San Francisco State University.
The program includes business-focused content that will complement your technical skills, such as strategy and business alignment, planning and management, budgeting and tracking, leadership and communication planning, governance, and IT innovation.
Who Should Attend
CIOs, IT executives and personnel identified as leaders who seek a professional education program to increase their competencies and continue lifelong professional learning.
The program is action oriented with practical models, and actual working artifacts from the desks of CIOs. With all of this available, you will be working with the actual tools used by executives currently in a CIO role. These case studies will allow you to return to your organization with new perspectives and deliverables.
- Create an IT strategy that links directly to the company’s business strategy
- Formulate an IT budget consistent with the strategy
- Develop an action plan to implement the IT strategy
- Build an effective IT governance program
- Understand marketing and promoting the value of IT within your firm
- Outline a model for managing effective mergers and divestitures
- Discuss the latest trends and innovations for IT
Courses are taught by current and former Bay Area CIOs. For instructor biographies, see Instructors.