Third International Workshop on Food Supply Chain (WFSC 2014)
Making Food Supply Chains Efficient, Responsive and Sustainable
San Francisco, CA, November 4 - 7, 2014
The Third International Workshop on Food Supply Chain (WFSC 2014) is November 4 - 7 in San Francisco, California.
The first workshop was in Bertinoro, Italy, in June 2011, and the second in Viña del Mar, Chile, in March 2013.
Traditionally supply chain management has focused on improving responsiveness to consumers while keeping supply chain costs in line. Growing mainstream interest in sustainability has now forced many food suppliers to consider social or environmental impacts. How to provide an ever more diverse array of high‐quality and safe consumables while balancing the aforementioned often conflicting needs? In this meeting participants will present research that will aid in tackling these challenges.
Call for Papers
Participants are encouraged to submit papers describing their research on different topics related to the food supply chain. The papers will be subject to peer review.
Template: download the Microsoft Word template
- Abstract submission deadline: June 30, 2014
- Early registration deadline: August 31, 2014
- Full paper deadline: September 15, 2014
- Workshop registration deadline: October 15, 2014
Register at our eventbrite site: http://wfsc2014.eventbrite.com
Riccardo Manzini, Bologna University (Italy); John Bartholdi, Georgia Tech (USA); Susan Cholette, San Francisco State University (USA); Alejandro MacCawley and Sergio Maturana, PUC (Chile); Leorey Marquez, CSIRO, Australia; Raymundo Forradellas, UNCuyo (Argentina), Rene Villalobos, ASU (USA). Renzo Akkerman (TUM)
- November 4: Registration and Paper Presentations, San Francisco
- November 5: Paper Presentations and Wine Supply Chain Council Meeting, San Francisco
- November 6: Visits to Wineries and Food Suppliers
- November 7: Visits to Wineries and Food Suppliers
The meetings on November 4 and 5 are held at the Westfield San Francisco Centre, located near Union Square and public transportation. Many hotels, such as the San
Francisco Hilton, are within walking distance, and conference rates will be forthcoming.
San Francisco State University Downtown Campus
For information regarding transportation and parking to the SF State Downtown Campus, see the college contact page.
Downtown San Francisco Hotels
The official conference hotel is the Chancellor Hotel
This is an historic 3-star boutique hotel in the ideal location—just off Union Square—for both the conference and for any sightseeing or shopping you or your fellow travelers plan to do.
- We have a dozen rooms reserved at the conference rate ($129+tax, for $150 per night in total), with this price and room lock getting released a month before (October 4th), so please register early.
- The $129+tax nightly rate covers Monday 11/4 through Thursday 11/6 (checkout Friday 11/7) weeknights. Those wishing to stay extra days would be paying the regular $149+tax nightly rate.
- Attendees will make reservations by phone or email (1-(800) 428-4748 or firstname.lastname@example.org respectively). Mention "WFSC" to get the discount.
- You are welcome to stay at a different hotel, but please be mindful that certain neighborhoods, such as the Tenderloin, are less safe. Also, buses will be departing from the Chancellor on tour days with no additional pickups scheduled. All additional hotels on this website are both nearby and safe, but email Susan at email@example.com if you have any questions about an alternate hotel you are considering.
View Microsoft Word docs: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3657CE88-7CFA-4...